The 100BASE-T1 USB Interface (Media Converter) connects a 100BASE-T1 network to any computer with a USB port. The converter acts as an Ethernet network interface card when plugged into a USB port. The interface easily connects Automotive Ethernet devices with OPEN Alliance BroadR-Reach (OABR) port, such as cameras or ECUs, directly to any PC without a need of an on-board network card.
The interface establishes a point-to-point link between an unshielded twisted-pair IEEE 100BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) port and USB-LAN port, and works as a Network Interface Card allowing the user to configure the network adapter’s parameters, such as IP address and mask. The converter features a DSUB9 (BroadR-Reach, CAN bus) and Micro-USB connector. The OABR channel’s Master/Slave configuration is selected by a switch button or programmatically.
- 100BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) to USB-LAN Interface
- Acts as USB 2.0 Network Adapter Card
- Master / Slave configuration by on-board dip switches or programmatically
- USB powered
- 4 Status LEDs
- DSUB9 connector for T1, RJ-45 connector for Ethernet
- Automatic polarity detection for OABR Slave
- Media test for T1 cable – can detect a shortage, cut-off and impedance mismatch
- Table top or DIN-rail mount
- Configuration and diagostic over USB COM port (CDC) and CAN bus
The interface offers a possibility to access SMI registers of the 100BASE-T1 transreceiver (PHY) via a CAN bus or a USB’s virtual serial port. This enables the user to evaluate signal strength, detect polarity of the T1 port, carry out a BroadR-Reach media test to diagnose cable errors, fine-tune the PHYs parameters, and generally to read and write the registers.
Free PC application for Status Information
We offer a free-of-charge PC utility for reading status information out of the 100BASE-T1 USB Interface. Once you plug the adapter into computer’s USB port, the PC utility will show you interface’s port status, signal quality and T1 cable test result. This is useful for diagnostic and test purposes. The utility can also override Master/Slave configuration for T1 port.